We are now accepting notes and reviews for the next issues of DABIR. Please contact us, if you would like to contribute a paper.
The journal accepts submissions on art history, archaeology, history, linguistics, literature, manuscript studies, numismatics, philology and religion, from Jaxartes to the Mediterranean and from the Sumerian period through to the Safavid era (3500 BCE–1500 CE). Work dealing with later periods can be considered on request.
Before submitting your contribution, please read our submission guidelines. Contributions can be sent as an attachment to out e-mail.
The first call for the eighth European Conference of Iranian Studies (ECIS8), St. Petersburg, 15–19.09.2015:
The President and the Board of the Societas Iranologica Europaea have the pleasure to invite you to the 8th Conference of Iranian Studies to be held in Saint Petersburg, at the State Hermitage Museum and Institute of Oriental Manuscripts, from Tuesday September 15 till Saturday September 19, 2015.
Should you decide to present a paper, please fill the pre-registration form available at the site of the conference, http://ecis8.orientalstudies.ru/ and send an abstract not exceeding half a page (1500 characters) by November 1, 2014 to the organizing committee at the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
Abstracts are invited for the Sixth International Conference on Iranian Linguistics (ICIL6), to be held in Tbilisi / Georgia in June 2015. We expressly solicit contributions from the full range of Iranian linguistics, including formal theoretical perspectives, computational linguistics, neurolinguistics, typological and functional perspectives, as well as diachronic and areal perspectives.
Call for Papers
The Center for the Great Islamic Encyclopedia has the honour of organising the
2nd International Conference of Iranian Languages and Dialects
4–5 January, 2015
Aims of the conference
- To spread and to consolidate the theoretical discussions on Iranian Languages and dialects
- To contribute to scholarly studies of Iranian Languages and dialects
- To introduce the latest researches about the Old, Middle and New Iranian Languages
- To investigate the spread of Iranian languages as one of the main element of relation among the people of region.
Main themes of the conference
- New and scholarly researches on the Old Iranian Languages (Old Persian, Avestan, Scythian (Saka) and Median Languages)
- New and scholarly researches on the Western Middle Iranian Languages (Middle Persian and Parthian)
- New and scholarly researches on the Eastern Middle Iranian Languages (Soghdian, Khotanese, Khwarezmian and Bactorian).
- New and scholarly Lingual researches about the New Iranian Languages and Dialects.
- The Geography of Iranian Languages.
Although there will be a strong regional emphasis on the Iranian languages and dialects, this does not exclude a consideration of lingual researches on the classical Persian texts, especially when carried out by scholars who have specialised in Persian literature.
The organisers plan to publish a selection of the papers in a peer-reviewed book.
Continue reading “Conference of Iranian languages and dialects”